- Valuation and appraisal service worldwide (Approved to value for the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Programme) including Provenance, Insurance, Bequests, Wills, Reseach & Auction.
- Australian Quarantine and Customs Documentation & Verification
- Always purchasing entire collections or individual tribal works. Shield, boomerang, club, bark painting, figures, shell, mask spear, woomera, coolamon.
- Expert museum quality restoration and repair
- Film Prop Hire - Tribal Artifacts, head dresses, adornments,
- Pack Free. Insurance and Ship International - Customs Documentation, Fumigation Service provided at cost
Arthur Beau Palmer, Ethnographic Consultant
Arthur Palmer is a Museum trained ethnographer (Queensland Museum - Sir William MacGregor Collection 1975-77 and Museum Field Collector Kimberley Western Australia, Cape York & Torres Strait - Uni of Qld Anthropology Material Culture Museum). Australian Tribal art and artefact dealer, with a background of 4 decades in traditional Australian Aboriginal and Oceanic Material Culture.
For those interested in purchasing Tribal and Fine Art, the following pages provide illustrations of pieces currently available. Specialising in sourcing omissions in collections or specific pieces - we have some 1,000 items in unlisted stock, please contact directly for any enquiries.
Also included are photographs from field studies in Traditional Northern Australian Aboriginal Communities over the last 40 years for your enjoyment.
If you require assistance in gathering further information on fine or tribal art or consultancy on any Traditional Australian Aboriginal matters please telephone or email me using the details below. Specialising in auction and eBay client representation for both acquisition and appraisal of Tribal works on offer.
Thank you for visiting
President Emeritus Royal Queensland Art Society (Hon) 2004-2006
Past President BBC Old Collegians Assoc (Hon)
Uni of Qld Animal Experimentation Ethics Committee (Hon)
Lord Mayor's Art and Cultural Advisory Committee
Chief Pilot/Senior Consultant to the Board, Year of the Outback 2002
Consultant Investment Fine and Tribal Art
Approved to value the following classes for the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Programme:
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander material culture and contemporary art, Arnhem Land Aboriginal Bark Paintings (19thC to present), Aboriginal Hermannsburg watercolours (1930s to present), Pacific (Melanesian Papua New Guinea, Solomons & Islands, Polynesia & Micronesia), African, Asian, American Indian material culture, Australian Early and Modern Fine Art, International Aviation Art, Trench Art WWI & WWII.
Appointed as an Expert Examiner under the Protection of Moveable Cultural Act 1986
Cultural Property Ministry for the Arts
Federal Department of Communications and the Arts
Part 1. Objects of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage
Part 5. Objects of Fine or Decorative Art