Early 1800s first contact or pre-contact superb fine rare examples.
No longer available outside Museums or large Auction Houses.
- 35 inches (89cm). Large elegant example Coopers Creek region. Deep rat tooth tula engraving with vestige of white pipe clay. Deep dark rich age patina. $US 3,400
- 32 inches (83cm). Western Queensland with finest rat tooth tula superb engraving. Deep dark rich age patina. Reserved
- 39 inches (100cm). Finely rat tooth tula adze fluted very large early example Western Queensland. $US 2,850.
- 33 inches (85cm). Truly ancient example. Finely rat tooth tula adze fluted both sides shows considerable use wear rub. Warm rich honey patina. $US 2,500
- 32.5 inches (83cm). Large robust example with hand grip swell of the old traditional Cooper Upper Darling battle examples. Well fluted with one end style change different artist/owners over time. $US 2,400
- 30 inches (77cm). Elegant example with vestige pipe clay decoration in bold fluted traditional design. Central Queensland. $US 1,850
- 32.5 inches (83cm). Very large heavy thick bodied Lake Eyre Cooper basin Nullabor Plain region battle/fighting example with traditional design on front side & transitional design of Dingo & Emu on obverse. Beautifully carved all over decoration. c1900s pre WWI. $US 1,450
1, 2 & 3
3,4 & 5
4,5,6 & 7